Can Baxi bermuda vp3 fitted to 57/4E boiler refit to 552?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have inherited a Baxi Bermuda VP3 firefront that was formerly connected to a 57/4E back boiler and was hoping to connect it to my Baxi 552 boiler replacing the wallmounted C5 fire front that is there. I looked it up and saw it was compatible, but when i called the Corgi plumber out he said it was not. He tried to connect it but nothing lined up.

So I have two Questions

1, Does anyone know if i need to/ can buy renewal parts to make it compatible, if so what do I need?

2, Currently the Hearth level is approx 5cm lower than the builders opening and i read it should be the same level. If I buy the leg extensions for the fire will this do?

I have already wasted money calling out a plumber to try and fit it and don't want to waste any more preparing the fire and hearth if its not compatible. Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Yes it will fit but you need the correct base plate for it to sit on and also the correct gas supply tube to connect it ,there are two sizes ,your will probably need the larger one.
Also the legs screw down but if they dont screw down far enough there is extensions avialavble.
The legs do not support it they are for appearence the fire is suppoted by the base plate and is also screwed back to the wall so correct wall plate is also req

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back