Baxi Bermuda 551 /VP3 (height fitting/adjuster)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking for advise:

I have a Baxi Bermuda 551 back boiler and recently purchased a VP3 fire I believe these are compatible

The problem being the fire stands 2 inches higher than the boiler and the male outlet flume does not marry up directly with the female back boiler flume.

Is there an easy solution to this i.e a flexi pipe or part that will join them together without having to resize piping and higher /raise the back boiler

Many thanks for your advise

Sponsored Links
Who told you they are compatible?

I am not particularly familiar with your combination and as the 551 is quite old I would be surprised if new fires were still available.

Many fires have considerable height adjustment to line up the flue connection.

Tony

The fire come off exactly the same boiler just at a different location the difference for us is the height problem.

this is a quote found on this forum regarding instruction manual back in April ( the vp3 is compatible with the 51/5 as per 51/5 installation instructions )
sorry my mistake not the same model

Sponsored Links
yes the flue is exactly the same size and shape

If we can get a flexible pipe it will save the Corgi man cutting all original pipes and lifting boiler

Perhaps you didn't read the whole thread or you might have seen there was a mistake? Call Baxi technical and ask them only way to be sure.

Are you offering it up with the fire case still on or have you took the bottom trim with the feet off. As the brass legs screw in and out by about 2/12 inches.

We were measuring up with the case on the feet are on but on there shortist level. so i can take feet and trim off and That's safe.

i'm pretty sure these are not compatible,, actually i'm fairly sure you cannot purchase new firefronts for the 551. What concerns me more is that to know it doesn't fit you must be trying to fit it yourself. The only person who should be fitting a new fire is an RGI. As for "flexi pipe"....alarm bells............

I would suggest returning the fire and getting your money back. Get an RGI to come and reconnect the old fire. Save the money for a new boiler.

No not trying to fit ourselves at all,

Simple reason knowing it is to high is to stand it in front of original fire and the vp3 out let is higher than original

the original fire is still attached,

and only asking if anyone knows if conversion pipe is available so when boiler engineer comes back of holiday parts would be here ready

There will not be 'conversion parts'

It fits out of the box if it's the correct fire front or it doesn't if it's not the correct one.

Asking for G.C. Numbers to confirm correct model so can check the respective manuals and give a definitive, manufacturer based, answer.

Baxi say that no new replacement firefront should go onto a 551 basically this is to encourage people to buy a new boiler if they want something different

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back