Baxi Bermuda 551 /VP3 (height fitting/adjuster)

Your boiler is definitly a 551 and the front you have WILL NOT fit.

Only suitable fire fronts are:

Bermuda S
GC No. 32-077-12

Bermuda C
GC No. 32-077-11

Bermuda W
GC No. 32-077-09

Bermuda PW
GC No. 32-077-08

Bermuda LFE
GC No. 32-077-10

Sponsored Links
The Baxi Bermuda Guide does not list a replacement Firefront for the 551.

This is a bit strange as the 401, 551 and 552 could all take the same fronts and the 401 and 552 are listed in the book.

It might be worth checking with Baxi.

Have fitted VP3 to older backboilers that were compatible. If your VP3 does not replace, without modification, the existing fire front, then leave it well alone

Sponsored Links
Baxi will tell him no but if you then ask them why it fits onto a 552 but wont fit a 551 they will not be able to give an answer and start stuttering and stammering and say because it wont it doesnt say it in the book.
And as we all know the 551 /552 are basically the same boiler.
With heat exchanger /burner and pilot asy etc etc all interchangeable from the 552 to fit the 551
Onyl difference that is left between the 2 boilers is front cover of 552 is held in place 2 screws and 2 wing nuts and the 551 used to be 4 wing nuts

Hi

I have a Baxi 551 which is working fine but my Baxi Bermuda w is falling to bits....can anyone tell me where I can get a replacement firefront that is a bit more modern looking...

Thanks

Jag

Hi Namsag

I phoned Baxi and they stated that the fire front renewal compatible with 551 are s,c, w, p, w, lfe (as stated in the post above)

but compatible firefronts for 552 back boilers are:
gf3 super
sp3
pw 5
c5w
c5

I would like GF3 super or Bemuda SP3 as they look a bit modern.
But Baxi stated they are not compatible but has anyone had this problem and found out that Baxi were telling porkies?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back