Baxi 636 preheat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know how to switch off the preheat on this boiler? Baxi customer service haven't got the foggiest and asked me to check my thermostat lol!!
You can switch it off via the baxi usense but I'm not going to fork out for this kit just so I can switch off the preheat. I'm hardly in and it cycles every know and then.
Can't find information anywhere, would love to hear from someone who's knows

Sponsored Links
I’ve just tried both manuals (user & installation), and no mention of pre-heat, are you sure it has it?

Definitely. I can also hear it firing up every now and then, as I type this message.
You can see this link regarding the usense and the option to switch it off.

636 does not have a pre heat there must be a fault on the boiler or controls if boiler is coming on
That preheat video is a usense thing not a standard boiler preheat

Sponsored Links
close the cold water inlet to the boiler, the boiler doesnt have a HW pre heat function, for some reason it thinks you are running a hot tap could be a leak or as suggested a dripping tap, if you close the cold water inlet and it stops firing then that is the problem, if it still miss fires then it is a boiler fault

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back