Baxi 80e/105e pressure gauge going up on HW demand

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Stupid question really but,
Should the reading on the pressure gauge go up when I call for HW? I thought it only related to the CH system?

It's on a Baxi 80e/105e (I can't remember the model number and I'm not at home to look) which was throwing up a CH fault light until I cleared the crud from the CH flow filter on the boiler.

The reason I ask is my HW pressure seems a little reduced than before and with such fluctuating mains pressure on my street, I need every millibar possible. I wondered if the 3 way valve was faulty/crudded up?
Both diaphragms (HW/CH) operate the microswitches when I call for HW on the valve - even when there's no call for CH.

Sorry if I'm being el thicko but electronics is more my bag,

Thanks for any replies.

Sponsored Links
How much does the pressure gauge go up when HW is being demanded and does it settle back down after use.

Both diaphragm pins are meant to come out on HW only the top one comes out for CH

Ahh, ok. Pressure goes to about 1.5 bar when HW demanded and drops back to 1 bar when I stop demand.

Sounds all ok then?

Cheers for the reply

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back