baxi 105e hw problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a baxi 105e (not instant) and having problem with hw ch is fine when i call for hw the boiler fires up and the temperature lights start rising but stop once it get to 60c. the boiler then turns off and then restarts but just staying at 60c. can anyone point me in the right direction and is it a job i could possibly do myself or not
new pcb fitted on 18th dec by engineer
many thanks

Sponsored Links
hi there thanks for the reply
yes i get hot water out of the taps and just enough for a shower but when it comes to doing the pots its not so great

Sponsored Links
The Chap who changed the PCB didnt set up the dial on the front of the boiler to the correct position on the potentiometer on the board

so the boiler thinks you only want the water to heat up to 60 degs

get him back and tell him to set both potentiaometers (CH and HW) to max and the dials on the front to max and re install the PCB.

Job done

Well I was the last time I had a wee, but I had best check again

:)

thanks for the reply and info i will phone him tomorrow and will let you know of the outcome cheers

phoned the chap today and he wont be able to come till friday mornin will let you know of the outcome. thanks

well finally got engineer round (he lost my details) passed on the info you gave me he has now fixed the problem but at first he just moved the potentiameters and it didnt work(started scratching his head) i passed on the info about setting the dials to the potentiameters he tried and it worked a treat i would like to say a big thanks because without your info i think he would struggled to fix it
once again many thanks corgiman

well finally got engineer round (he lost my details) passed on the info you gave me he has now fixed the problem but at first he just moved the potentiameters and it didnt work(started scratching his head) i passed on the info about setting the dials to the potentiameters he tried and it worked a treat i would like to say a big thanks because without your info i think he would struggled to fix it
once again many thanks corgiman

Plonkers like him giving us a bad name :cry: :D :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back