screaching when using hw from baxi cmbi 105e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When i turn the hw tap off my baxi 105e combi makes a screaming noise for at least 1 min, if i turn the hw tap quickly on then off again it stops. Seems to be coming from the lower half of the boiler. Its 13 months old (just out of gaurantee).
Its ok with ch, just happens when i use hw, can't afford expensive plumbing bills so close to crimbo, pls help me anybody!!

Sponsored Links
Unfortunatley mate the diverter valve has gone, its a common problem with the 105e I would probably say your looking at £100 for the valve plus 2 hours labour so roughly in total £200

Cheers kevplumb, any more info mate so as i can sound like i know what i'm talking about when the plumber visits!!

Sponsored Links
Thanx, spoke to baxi today and mentioned o ring prob and they said if this was the case then the screaching would have started straight away after installation. They said would cost £170 for engineer visit! Is it worth speaking to a local plumber?

still sounds like o ring problem. u shouldn"t have told baxi age of boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back