Baxi 80e combi , not firing up, sludge?????????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am going round to a house tomorrow to power flush a system, the boiler is not firing up, its sparking, but not firing up, which to me means there is a problem with the gas valve, The customer has said a Baxi engineer replaced a part, which part I do not know, the boiler worked for 2 days then stopped working again.
This is a let flat, Now I have been asked to power flush the system, as a possible cure, I am not sure this will work.
Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas.
thank you.

Sponsored Links
Why is it that a powerflush seems to be the remedy for boiler faults, where in this case it is not going to fix a fail to light. Concentrate on the boiler to find the fault, and go through the correct fault finding procedure.

If you've been asked to flush then do it and get paid
Won't fix it tho
If you've been asked to fix then leave your flusher at home

I don't like it anymore than you do, but Ive been asked to flush so I will, the leting agent has been told it may not fix the problem, which you and I know it wont, but the agent has said go ahead and flush, its not my job No, I am helping a friend out by doing it as he's on another job.
But getting back to the Gas valve, what does it sound like to you. I will not be getting involved with the boiler, yes I could down load the manual, and fault find. just wanted to know what you thought it would be.
thanks

Sponsored Links
It's gonna be a gas issue so we can't really advise you on that

Not in here anyway

My advice would be just do what you have been contracted to do - a powerflush (easy money) I wouldn't even worry about the boiler, that is for another day!! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back