Baxi 80e different PCB ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi , plumber has given me a quote for a pcb , I looked online and every one I see shows a white Honeywell and green Siemens board in description , there are no choices to which you get are will both work or doi need to get the green one that is in mine currently , thanks

Sponsored Links
you need to get the same one as you already have, but beware buying it yourself, if your plumber buys one and it is faulty , or it turns out that it wasnt the PCB after all, then it is up to them to sort it out, if you buy it and it doesnt work then tough luck

Have fitted loads and loads of 80/105 boards and they have all been cream/white never seen a green on .
Usually cost around 110 quid for genuine part from main straem parts merchants

Sponsored Links
Hi , plumber has given me a quote for a pcb , I looked online and every one I see shows a white Honeywell and green Siemens board in description , there are no choices to which you get are will both work or doi need to get the green one that is in mine currently , thanks

I have an uncomfortable feeling that you have had one of those unfortunates who come out free and "diagnose" the fault and tell you how much to repair.

You are then looking to ignore him and buy the PCB yourself and try to fit it.

Any engineer who has any sense will charge for his diagnosis ( or not tell you what is wrong ) and give you a price to complete the repair.

If you repair it yourself then how is your unpaid plumber going to make a living?

As stated, if you get him to repair it then he becomes responsible if he has made a mistake with his diagnosis or the PCB is wrong.

I also wonder how you are going to check the gas settings on the boiler?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back