Baxi 80Eco cycling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For the third time this year, after having it fixed, my boiler has presented with a different problem.

When i switch the heating on, when the system gets nearly up to temp, the flame cuts out. Then it tried to restart, and you hear the fan whir up a few times, then after 3/4/5 unsuccessful attempts, woof, away it goes. The pump remains running during this process. It stays lit for no more than 30 secs, and then goes out again, and the process restarts. My radiators will stay hot(ish), but its damned annoying hearing the thing making a racket in the next room.

The hot water sometimes has trouble getting going, ie., whir, whir, whir, woof! But once its on it stays on.

Any Ideas?

Thanks everyone

JT

Sponsored Links
Addendum: It's obviously intermittent. After days of doing to the same thing, today, it's stayed lit and only gone out once!

some advice from a friends gas eng husband suggest one of two things, do they sound possible?

dirt in vent pipe and pressure not being maintained so air pressure switch trips off, or CH thermostat knackered, unplug it and see if boiler keeps working, if it does, then thats the prob.

i considring a new boiler! :(

Which vent pipe is that?

Before posting on a public forum its always a good idea to check your spelling!

Sponsored Links
Which vent pipe is that?

Before posting on a public forum its always a good idea to check your spelling!

The one that goes out the wall i presume? the one the fan blows over and causes a venturi effect and causes reduced pressure which in turn trips the air pressure switch? I was told excess dirt might restrict the outflow of airflow and the boler cant therefore maintain stable pressure and the AP switch registers this.

And specifically, what spelling??

And GASMAN77, i generally dont take things the wrong way in forums as some bell ends might not mean what they type, but you want to be careful how something you write might be interpretted, unless of course you did mean it as written, in which case i won't stoop to your level.

I was talking to the forum bell end, tony , telling people to check their spelling, what a bell end!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back