baxi 80he instant 50' flashing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Boiler pump starts ,micro switches make but nothing else.
Has anyone come accross 50'light showing fault but fan , pressure switch and pcb are good, my colleague is less experienced than me but he's Gas safe.
I told him to test flue over heat stat. And if needed link out stat to test.
He says that the fan finally runs but no ignition.
Then 30', 40' lights now flash.
Also testing APS the continuity is suspect....meaning the probes had to be pushed resonably hard onto terminals to work ......sometimes..
APS switched fine manually, com to nc and no fine apart from random scrapes of the meter probes to make better contact.
Im wondering if wiring harness is just past it now, and has built up corrosion through moisture and heat?
Interesting though, never liked the instants for some reason

Sponsored Links
Try a new pressure switch.If you suspect poor contacts,make sure all pcb plugs are sound.Never a great fan of the instant either..Replaced more pcb's than any other component on 80/105

Read the installation-manual to locate the defect. If you have looked at the fault finding sheets, surprised you are asking for help as the flow charts are tops.

Sponsored Links
Try a new pressure switch.If you suspect poor contacts,make sure all pcb plugs are sound.Never a great fan of the instant either..Replaced more pcb's than any other component on 80/105
ill have to find out exactly but dont know if he manually tricked aps into ignition while fan was working? thats what i would of done,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back