Baxi back boiler 50/*

DP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Here is another to mull over

Boiler set to stat setting 2. Boiler stat has been replaced.

When boiler starts from cold, every so often it makes a sound like it is venting into the header tank but no water issues from the vent pipe. Placing thumb on the vent indicates slight suction when boiler 'burps'. Air drawn is pressure equalisation instead of air ingress into the system i.e. air drawn is expelled at the end of the 'burp'

HW is Gravity

Sponsored Links
That sounds like unequal pressure between the cold feed and the open vent. Has the system been drained & filled recently and was it normal?

I had a problem with a back boiler because the flow and returns were crossed from new, this caused weird problems as it worked ok most of the time but then periodically it did a similar thing, always allright when I went to look at it, as usual:mad: , eventually spotted the crossed pipes and sorted it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back