Baxi Solo 3 70 PF - Keeps going to overheat.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
1. Baxi Solo 3 70 PF Gas Boiler / Landis & Staefa RWB9 Time Clock / Switchmaster Motorised Valve / Grundfos Selectric Pump.

2. Boiler keeps going to Overheat.

3. Nothing done prior to overheat problem.

4. Started 4 weeks ago. Since then have put in Sludge Remover, then drained down and refilled. Also drained down boiler. Water as clean as a whistle. Absolutely no air locks - all rads expelled air without problem and pump vented, even though it's supposed to be self-venting.

5. Occurs mainly when Hot Water is on, but also does it when Heating on too, but seems to occur much later - this may be my imagination, but could also be relevant. Cylinder stat set to 55 (140), but pipe coming from top of cylinder too hot to touch. Pump set on 2, but does it also on speed 3.

6. Happens almost immediately boiler switched on (or reset). Waiting for a clip-on boiler thermometer so I can test Flow from boiler. New PCB Dec 07 and Fan Assembly Mar 08.

7. Am I missing something obvious? All advice/suggestions much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
HI

if the boiler is going in overheat mode immediately then stats are likely to be faulty.change both stats it is easier/cheaper. :D

It was the pump. Replaced and all has been well for over a week now. Many thanks for sound advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back