boiler cuts out via cylinder stat

Sponsored Links
So you cannot tell us how to do it. Maybe that was asking too much of you, perhaps an easy option would be for you to list some informative YouTube links.

No, CBA sorry.
It's Sunday, no day for pedants.

If you are a million years old and you have the reactions and reflexes of a fossilized tortoise, perhaps this method isn't for you.

sorry to have started a bit of a discussion.... The only reason I'm trying to diagnose it myself is that Ive had 3 experts charge me an arm and a leg to achieve nothing. I'm running out of professionals to ring! I'm a mechanical engineer but electrics is beyond me but thanks for posting the wiring diagram, it might save me getting fed any more bullshit. Could I expect the average electrician to understand the system? Thanks.

sorry to have started a bit of a discussion.... The only reason I'm trying to diagnose it myself is that Ive had 3 experts charge me an arm and a leg to achieve nothing. I'm running out of professionals to ring! I'm a mechanical engineer but electrics is beyond me but thanks for posting the wiring diagram, it might save me getting fed any more bullshit. Could I expect the average electrician to understand the system? Thanks.

Difficult to say if a spark will be up to it

he needs to be able to read wiring diagram and what additional components are doing

He will need to know how to use a multimeter, have understanding of Y plan operation hence I posted the internal wiring diagram of the valve that clearly shows how the valve works and why the heating does not function with hot water at temperature or off at the programmer

It is a pity there is a lot of useless chatter that detracts from those seeking help, some even wander away getting even more confused.

Sponsored Links
Thanks DP. I'll give a trusted sparky a ring now I have your wiring diagram. Probably have to wait til after Crimble now but at least I can fire the boiler up by running off hot water. Just have to keep cleaning things!

Thanks DP. I'll give a trusted sparky a ring now I have your wiring diagram. Probably have to wait til after Crimble now but at least I can fire the boiler up by running off hot water. Just have to keep cleaning things!

sent you a text message.

It is incredible isn't it?

The apprentice schemes have gone to ****, not that anyone ever uses them anymore. Everything is about the graduate these days.

Hooe you get sorted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back