Baxi Bahama 100 cutting out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Baxi Bahama 100 which has done me relatively well considering the bad things I have heard about this boiler.

For the past couple of weeks it has had an intermittent fault which sometimes the boiler works fine and then other times, it fires up but cuts out after 6 seconds or so.

I tried to do my research and found that this could be the flow switch so have now had that replaced but it is still doing the same thing.

I have read the manual and done the fault finding and it's saying it could be the flame sensing electrode but I am having difficulty tracking one of these down.

Does anyone know if it could be this, where I can get one of these or if it isn't this then what it is???

Hope the above makes sense!!!

Sponsored Links
Jules, Who did the diagnostics?? You or a professional RGI? If RGI get em back out to fix......the FSD is a safety device and i for one won't tell you how to fix/change it. For safeties sake get a professional to do this.

Sponsored Links
yes and yes. Like I said, it's an intermittent fault so sometimes the boiler works fine and then other times, it just cuts out.

I followed the intstructions in the Baxi handbook to change the flow switch which the trouble shooting guide said it was likely to be.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back