Baxi Bahama 100 intermittent hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've just moved into a house with the Baxi Bahama 100 combi boiler. Previous owner was plumber and boiler/heating/plumbing system about 4 years old. I would think the system has been regularly serviced. In fact he muttered something about "well it works NOW" as if there had been problems previously.

I find hot water from any tap is very intermittent, first cold for ages then might warm up and go cold again. Particularly hard to fill the bath - boiler just keeps switching off - you can hear it. If the flow rate is not just right, the water won't come hot. Pressure was a bit low but we refilled it, and the temp. control is on medium/high.

In the previous house we had a Vaillant 282E which supplied perfect hot water whether the tap was just on or full on and never cut out. Is that Baxi just a rubbish boiler or might there be something wrong with it?

Sponsored Links
Boiler is switched on for hot water by a flow switch - which is a bit prone to sticking in the Off position.

If it usually takes a tap turned full-on to get the boiler firing, that's the likeliest cause of your problem.

If you search on this forum you'll find one of the longest posts ever, on problems with the boiler you have now.
Flow switch is quite likely, but I'd start saving for that new Vaillant.

If you're on friendly terms you could give the previous owner a call.
You can't blame him for not changing the boiler in a house he's about to sell - but its surprising what people will conceal soometimes!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the comments. I did look at quite a few previous posts and suspected as much!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back