Baxi Bahama cutting out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I have a Baxi Bahama 100 - it's about 6 years old now. In the last year it's been cutting out periodically. It will still make it's usual sound, and I only notice it when trying to get hot water or realising the heating has gone off. It then makes a clicking sound as if it is trying to 'catch' but no hot water or heat is produced. Initially it seemed connected to the water pressure dropping, but I'm not sure now - wonder if it is an electrical problem. This is able to be rectified temporarily by pressing the reset button and/or turning off at the electric switch at the side, waiting a short while and then turning it back on. I've had BG out recently and they changed the big orange tank for a new one but the problem is still happening. The engineer said if it continues to happen it could be that there is a water leak under the floor. ( I'm dubious about that as having read around on various websites it seems this boiler is very problematic. ) It's now become worse in fact - cutting out every couple of hours or so. Is this something that could be sorted out? Can anyone help? Thanks. Alan

Sponsored Links
hi i have come across this problem with this boiler.They have a problem with the flow switch on ch and hw.If you look through this forum you will see that 90% 0f the problems with this boiler is down to these switches,i think all the other plumbers on this site will agree.The fix is cheap and easy.renew flow switches,about £17 EACH.PETER

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I know a fair bit about Domestic Boilers peter the plumber, but my field is industrial/commercial things :LOL:

Saying that are the DHW and HTG flow sensors open circuit.

Check the flame sense electrode and lead for damage or bad connection.

Is the orange Burner on light alight.

Check the presure switch tubes for damage or blockage.,

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply Peter. I will try that. If for some reason it turns out to not be that could there be something else that would cause it that i could suggest to the engineer who will come to fix it? Just want to cover all bases as I've had it looked at about 5 times now by BG and it's not sorted. I don't actually know if the flow switches have been changed historically by them. Thanks. Alan

As above the Bahama is easy to fault with a multi meter and a few bits of kit :LOL:

Surprised BG haven't sorted it.

Thanks for all advice - very helpful to have an idea of what might be the problem to discuss with engineer. Will hopefully get someone round this week to fix it. Alan

Have you got the manual for the guy to read up on when he gets there, just in case its not on his computer.

email if you want a copy

Doitall - I haven't got the manual so if you could send me a copy that would be much appreciated. Thanks. Alan

for some reason I can't click on anything that brings up your profile. Do I automatically have this function?

Eventually found your profile. Have sent you my email address. Thanks ery much

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back