Baxi Bahama dropping pressure daily

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, hoping someone here can help me with some advice? Recently moved to a house that was built in 1999, it has a baxi bahama 100 combi boiler. CH is working but I'm having trouble getting even heating throughout the house. I've noticed that the pressure gauge drops even though I'm regularly setting 1bar using the fill loop - sometimes twice a day (morning and evening).
Tonight I checked the pressure vessel, which looks quite new, it was reading 27.5psig with the boiler hot. I have read that it should be 1 bar / 14.7psig. Should I adjust it by letting some air out? If so, is it o.k. to do that with everything at temperature, or should it be done with the system cold?
Thanks in advance for ant help or advice, this is driving me mad!

Sponsored Links
read again
1 bar cold sounds high depending on the system volume
and without any pressure in the system
if its dropping its leaking
probably out of the pressure relief valve which by now will be well and truly donald ducked :!:

Thanks for the feedback. It's dropped pressure again today - can't see any water leaking from either the boiler or any rad in the house. Should I check the boiler vent pipe?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back