PRV fitting question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I urgently need to replace the prv on my baxi bahama 100 - ideally tonight. The question is do I need to fully drain the ch system? Or will I be o.k. if I let the pressure out of the system (not hard as it drops very quickly due to the leak prv) and switch off the water supply?
the valve itself looks like a simple job to replace just want to make sure I'm not going to flood the kitchen
Any advice would be very gratefully recieved :D [/b]

Sponsored Links
While you have the boiler drained check the air charge in the expansion vessel - lack of air in the vessel is the probable reason your old PRV failed!! ;)

Thanks for the advice guys - got a problem :cry:

Changed the prv and checked pressure vessel but when I turned it back on it's making a dreadfull noise and doesn't seem to be able to stay on

Have a got an airlock? How should I bleed them boiler?

Please help! I think i've bust it, got two young kids and it's freezing tonight

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice guys - got a problem :cry:

Changed the prv and checked pressure vessel but when I turned it back on it's making a dreadfull noise and doesn't seem to be able to stay on

Have a got an airlock? How should I bleed them boiler?

Please help! I think i've bust it, got two young kids and it's freezing tonight

is it venting from the auto air vent(top of boiler)?

Seems to be. If I loosen the plastic valve cap a little air comes out, then water (so I put the cap back on)

When it was noisy the pressure valve was oscillating rapidly between 1 and 2 barg. That's stopped now but the boiler is only firing up for short periods ~ 25secs then shutting off. The combi part doesn't seem to be working either as the hot water coming out of the tap 2 feet from the boiler is only lukewarm

Does that provide any clues?

Panic over - got it working.

Heat output seems low but then it's pushing 20 rads and is the original boiler from when the house was built in 1999. Hope I can keep it limping along until the weather warms up, then replace it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back