Baxi Barcelona boiler

Sponsored Links
Hi there.

I just wondered whether or not anyone had had any problems with their's, such as howling sounds and/or lockout and how long the life of the boiler is. Thanks for replying

Best regards

Trobro216

Howling can be caused by low gas pressure and ratio out or dirt in H/ex, Seals gone on boiler and ignition boards are bad on these other than that it works and mine is now 12 yeas old. When was it serviced last as they do need a bit of TLC. You need a gas safe regestered body to look at it as you need into the boiler.

Sponsored Links
Unless you are an RGI and dont mind coaxing it along, for a homeowner they are a nightmare and require continual repairs and callouts.

If you'd miss the unreliability you could always buy a new Keston.

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply and very useful information guys,. I'll get it looked at.

Best regards

Trobro216

Howling can be caused by low gas pressure and ratio out or dirt in H/ex, Seals gone on boiler and ignition boards are bad on these other than that it works and mine is now 12 yeas old. When was it serviced last as they do need a bit of TLC. You need a gas safe regestered body to look at it as you need into the boiler.

Unbelievable 12 years old......... I thought my 10 year old Barcelona was doing well. I have read much about the boiler on here today (had a few hours free. LOL) and am amazed mine is still going. I have had all the "usual" faults but only the occasional explosive ignition / multiple sparking remains.

I remember it arrived broken in 2001. I built my own home and my plumber couldn't get it working. Baxi initially refused to touch it!! And only sent an engineer when i threatened to dump it on the desk at the local Plumb Centre. The biggest problem i had was getting a local engineer / plumber to touch it but eventually i found and still use the same engineer.

Reading the treads on here i have been lucky. Had one or two new bits and pieces but nothing major. I think i have had one bill over £100.00 in 10 years.

However I have had it serviced every year without fail. I also have UFH, running 24hrs a day 6 months a year, and only ever have the thermostat set at 6 o'clock all of which, rightly of wrongly, I think has helped extend the life of my Barcelona.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back