Baxi Barcelona - Green light but not working?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Came home tonight. No CH, no HW. My fault of course.
Went out to have a look. Green light on the front OK. Pump pumping OK. Both CH and HW valves open. No boilering.
Puzzled. Normally when it dies there's a red light or no light.
Turned it all off for about 5 minutes, on again, green light flashed for a while then steadied on, but boiler not functioning. Pump pumping OK, both valves open.
Back inside, turned it all off. Phoned the gas service. Three days of listening to press 5 for new install, press 134 for gas leak... Gave up.
Got the electric heater. Turned on the immersion. Got coal from the shed. Lit the fire that has a back boiler. Ate my dinner.
Tried turning the heat on again. Green light flashed for a bit. Boiler fired OK. It's been fine for the couple of hours since :eek: :eek:
I guess I'll call the service number again in the morning - forecast for the weekend is bitter - but any suggestions as to why this might have happened would be very welcome.

Sponsored Links
Grovelling apologies - found it this time :oops: :oops: :oops:
Fingers may have been too cold to type Barcelona correctly!

The real cure of course is to light the coal fire UNDER the Barcelona.

Sponsored Links
Dredging up the last post because it happened again.
This time I got the guys out and of course by the time they came it had started working again - like before.
They replaced the door seals - again - and electrodes, scratched their heads, and left a bit puzzled. About five minutes after they were out the door, the boiler stopped again - same thing, green light but not firing.
Fortunately they were still in the van outside - back in - it's the flow switch not working properly. Short the switch, all well.
They fitted a new flow switch, all even better. Looking at the old one, it is badly crudded and was clearly sticking and indeed obstructing the water flow. Since the new one was fitted the system is operating much better, heating more quickly, and especially heating the last radiator in the run more quickly.
A good result, I think, so far.

Great you got it sorted :D

Good to hear the solution....maybe help someone else with a dodgy Barcelona....as if :!:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back