Baxi Barcelona

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Two days ago I replaced my 10 year old condensing boiler even though it was working perfectly!!

I know, seems a daft thing to do but not really. The boiler has benefitted from British Gas 'Homecare' servicing since new but in recent years a number of new parts have been fitted (including a heat exchanger) and my 'Homecare' annual fee has shot up to a level that makes a new boiler worthwhile.

The Baxi now resides on my garage floor and I feel sure that it could be of use to someone.

I can provide more information if of interest.

cheers
John

Sponsored Links
hello there

do you still have the boiler please, mine is rather ill and at the worst time of year. im told that the only way we can find the fault is too replace a few things 1 at a time.

Many thanks Paul ([email protected])

If you find a competent gas installer, it should not be necessary to resort to flinging in parts willy nilly! If a logical path is followed, you should usually be able to diagnose any problem. Having said that. . .

actually the fault is electrical, ive had a scope on it but without a wireing diagram it is difficult to say for sure where the fault lies.

Sponsored Links
scope on it but without a wireing diagram

Where have you connected the scope. What do you expect to see on the CTR? Why would anyone want to connect a scope to a boiler? Do you even know what to look for? What signal are you using to trigger the trace?

Anyhow, one of the forum rules is to start your own thread.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back