Baxi Bermuda 50/4 behaviour questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I have recently moved into a house with a 50/4 inset 2 boiler and fireplace.
It works well, apart from when the boiler fires up after about 3-4 seconds it sounds like the burner pressure increases and the unit roars.
I have done a gas meter time for 2 minutes and it seems to be set around 13kw heat input so its not overgassed. I am going to buy a manometer to double check the output pressure.
My question is does the gas valve open and then change to a higher pressure after a few seconds, or should it remain at a constant pressure?
I have recently vaccumed out the combustion chamber and cleaned out the burner with mains water pressure. Everything appears spot on with the burner.
When I had the combustion chamber front off, the roaring seemed less noisy. All the flames looked good with no blocked holes etc.
One thing I have noticed is when the boiler is up to temperature (thermostat set to about 2.5) the unit fires for around a minute and then switches off for around 25secs then repeats until room stat is satisfied.
Is there any way to reduce this cycling rate or is it normal?
I know no one with a back boiler to compare with so hoping someone on here has some experience. Thanks

Sponsored Links
The site rules he preclude us giving DIY gas advice!

The obvious thing to do is to call a good gas reg engineer!

Tony

Fair enough about the rules.
Surely it isnt against a rule to explain how my boiler should fire up though? im only after a description of operation

You've disconnected the fire to access the boiler combustion chamber. Far to much for a DIY job. There are many checks to be done to ensure that this appliance is safe to use after your work. For your families sake, entrust it to a qualified person.

Sponsored Links
Open all gas taps until there is a medium to strong smell of gas
About 5 to 15 % gas in air. Do not ventilate the area and switch some lights on and off.
When it goes BOOOM ring 0800111999
Don't tell them I sent you.
Gordon.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back