Baxi Bermuda - Noisy Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Appreciate any online help as I live in remote part of UK so it's always difficult to get tradesmen to travel here.

We have Baxi Bermuda 'VP' Gas Fire/Boiler (LPG). Has been working fine, rarely used this summer however switched on last week for heating and after half an hour there is a loud roaring noise from the back of the fire, so we switch it off pronto! Radiators are heating fine.

We have tried each night for around half an hour and it fires up fine and heats the radiators ....... then the loud roaring noise from the back of the fire ..... so we switch off quickly.

Tonight it has run for almost an hour with no noise but from a safety point of view I'm thinking if there was a loud roaring noise there must be an issue somewhere. The noise is not the back boiler running as normal but more lke a roaring fire going at full speed - loud enough to make you sprint for the timer to switch off. No banging or clanking noises just the loud roaring.

So, I am a normal/safe chap happy to investigate safely if there is anything I can do safely, otherwise I will need to start the hunt for someone to visit!

Appreciate any help, thanks.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a jet taking off?
Back lighting at injector usually caused by gas valve passing turn off and get someone out ,
possibly sooted up which is also a turn off

Turn off and get someone out to it. Its not a diy job.
You should be able to get someone to have a look.
you could try BG or Baxi or try here

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies....... I'll start the hunt tomorrow for someone to inspect...... always happy to accept knowledgeable advice as this is not my field, so to speak.

I'll try Baxi first as I tend to trust manufacturer's (am I wrong to do so?).

Cheers all.

I'll try Baxi first as I tend to trust manufacturer's (am I wrong to do so?).

not at all. Manufacturers tend to be a little more expensive, but they will have likely seen the fault before and will have parts on the van to fix there and then(hopefully).

Baxi are going to cost you nearly 300 quid BG are closer to £200 , part will be van stock if basic gas valve next day if special one

I`ve had this a few times on Baxi BBUs,it`s usually the burner has cracked and is back lighting through this and and burning inside the burner.Occasionally,very occasionally it`s the endcap on the burner has loosened and again it`s backlighting through this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back