BAXI BERMUDA 551 BACK BOILER PROBLEM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I'm after some advice. I noticed that the flame from my back boiler was a brighter orange than it usually is, and upon a closer inspection the flame was not going up as i would expect instead it was flowing down coming underneath the boiler itself. Obviously with safety in mind I have turned the whole lot off gas and all, just wondering is there anything i can look at doing to solve this problem.

Many Thanks

Eddy

Sponsored Links
Your BBU has been burning in a poor condition putting you and your family at risk.

becuase it was not given attention the HE will be partially blocked between fins stopping clearence of POC,s.

YOU MUST NOT USE THIS until it has been checked and serviced by an RGI.

Cast iron heat exchanger is probably sooted up due to blocked lint arrestors,get someone corgi reg to check it out and service the boiler asap.

Sponsored Links
If the flame is coming out of the bottom I would say the HE is completley blocked.

You will, as said need a pro in asap. I personally just condemn them in this state, as once it has sooted this bad, it will keep sooting regularly.

Soot attracts more soot IMHO.

If the flame is coming out of the bottom I would say the HE is completley blocked.

You will, as said need a pro in asap. I personally just condemn them in this state, as once it has sooted this bad, it will keep sooting regularly.

Soot attracts more soot IMHO.

Dont mind doing these Dave, give a full day for them as I drain down and take the HE into garden and give it the old school treatment, goes back in like a brand new puppy :LOL: ;)

Taking out to wash ,And how much do you charge for that, considering it doesn`t need doing .A 551/2 is the easiet boiler to desoot no need to condem them either 95 percent are caued by blocked lint arrestor or fluff in burner other 5 by worn injector. An hours work max

£25 an hour namsag, they usually take a couple of hours "washing" and a bloody good wire brushing.

Book a day now cause of the unexpected, had it once or twice :oops:

The rest of the day goes on the golf coarse :LOL: ;)

Totally agree with Namsag but would allow 2 hours!!
As for removing H/E and washing it !
You must be taking the ****!!!

I am not surpised you are coming across the unexpected if you are draining down a 551 and taking out the heat exchanger this is complete over kill for a straight forward job that can be done with a flue brush set and everyday tool kit and hoover..

Bearing in mind just how dirty soot can be I cannot see how anyone could protect the champagne colour carpets and fully clean and test the boiler in just two hours.

One of the real dangers is that you walk the soot out of the boiler area. I usually roll the sheets inwards and then take off my shoes before I walk out. But I would take 3-4 hours and charge £180, not so much because the time taken justifies it but as an encouragement to get it serviced in the future!

Tony

Agile";p="721232 said:
Bearing in mind just how dirty soot can be I cannot see how anyone could protect the champagne colour carpets and fully clean and test the boiler in just two hours.

One of the real dangers is that you walk the soot out of the boiler area. I usually roll the sheets inwards and then take off my shoes before I walk out. But I would take 3-4 hours and charge £180, not so much because the time taken justifies it but as an encouragement to get it serviced in the future!

You really need to invest in a decent vacumn!!!
I have solid fuel heating and experience no such issues when sweeping the flue!!!

Agile. Why on earth would you be walking through soot are you trying to climb up the flue , As for keeping thing clean proper dust sheets,hoover disposable boiler suit , latex gloves and a proffesional attitude will do that.,

And if you are not experienced enough to do a desoot on a 551/2 in less time that is an isue your customers must pay for. Other than 15 minutes extra cleaning the heat exchanger it is no different from servicing a boiler and doessn`t involve any extra testing which isn`t part of a normal boiler service,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back