Baxi Bermuda 552

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been told by BG that I require a wall ventillation vent(Big hole in wall) to be put in my living room.
I have a BB 552 with fire, and already have a Floor vent, do I require a Wall vent and can I have a floor vent in any position in the room.

Sponsored Links
I have been told by BG that I require a wall ventillation vent(Big hole in wall) to be put in my living room.
I have a BB 552 with fire, and already have a Floor vent, do I require a Wall vent and can I have a floor vent in any position in the room.

It may be that the vent in your floor is not to current regs so needs upgrading, can't comment on the floor vent not knowing the constuction of your house.

Basically corgi's rules over floor vents are that the person signing the job off "has to be sure that there is then sufficient free route to outside air" not in those exact words. Some terraced houses just have a pathetic air brick at front and one at back which would be insufficient. It depends therefore what air bricks you have whether they are free what surface area they add up to and whether there is a free route from the floor vent to them. also some of the floor vents have slots which are under sized or are closeable or contain fly screens. Basically a lot of things were done wrong in the past and us lot are copping the lot.

The boys who have been in the trade for a long time inform me it wasn't them who did all these dodgy installs it was off duty firemen :rolleyes:

you should be erring on the side of safety. i would rather have a ruddy great hole in the wall than come home late from work to find the family dead on the floor of the living room.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back