Baxi bermuda 552

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello i have just fixed a leak on my Baxi bermuda 552 heating system i drained all the water out first . i have new fixed the leak but the system will not fill back up . it comes on for a min or two then goes off again i have tryed to bleed the rads upstairs but nothing is coming out no air or water . i have turned the hot taps on no on air in the system and checked that both the tanks in the loft are filling ok .they are. i have opened the drain plug and the back boiler .and no water is coming out .
please help. its cold and i am staeting to smell i bit .

Sponsored Links
Cold feed blocked by the sound of it.From the small exp tank(loft?) follow the 15mm pipe from where it leaves the tank and where it joins the system pipework is where you will find your blockage.That's assuming the F/E tank has water in it.What steps did you take to turn the feed to the system off prior to draining?

the cold feed pipe from the header tank to where it connects into the system will be blocked with magentite. You need to now bung the header tank, cut the pipe just before it connects to the system, whack a screw driver in and clear out as much as possible each way. Connect back up with a straight comp fitting for next time.

Ya know something? This is exactly the same fault the guy with the funny user name had. Both had the same boiler, same fault and both from Staffordshire. If it looks like a horse, runs like a horse and farts like a horse - you can bet your bottom dollar it's the same animal. ;) ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
i have just pushed about 3 metres of cable down the bottom pipe of the small tank in the loft the boilefr started up for a min then went of the pipe comes down the wall in my sons room then under the floor boards then to the boiler in the lounge .

when i drained the system i turned the stop cock to the house of the put the hot and cold taps on . then opened the drain plug at the front of the house .thanks a lot for your help so far but still not working the rads down stairs have water and i have bleed them but nothing upstairs.

Oh no it's not - it's just the flippin same. :p

Sonicuk,The only way you are going to sort this is to find the cold feed connection where it joins the system wherever it may be and unblock it.If the connection has been made directly onto the boiler(as sometimes happens)then you need the firefront removed and for that a registered engineer.I hope that the connection is elsewhere.Cold feed connections are usually to be found near hw cylinders on pipework in airing cupboards.

if i follow the pipe to the hot water tant it tees of one part to the tank the other part under the floor boars . would this be the point it would be blocked at thanks a lot
from the tank in the loft to the tee piece in the airing cupdoard is 15 mm the it goes to two 22mm

Yes I think you may have found it on the return pipe from the bottom of the hot water cylinder. That is a very common place to connect the cold feed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back