Baxi Bermuda 57/4e ,Backboiler.Fire Fronts???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there anyone out there that can tell me if it's possible to fit a new style fire to the front of the Baxi Bermuda 57/e backboiler?

I'm happy with the system but the fire on the front is hideous maximus!

Thanks.

Trenchfoot.

Sponsored Links
Wrong ... there is about 7 firefronts you can have look on the baxi site at fire front renewals

Thanks for the replies.

Gas to Air,your no Santa Clause,just a straight NO! Ha.

namsag,you have re-newed my faith in human nature.
Just had a look at the alternative fires,not much better than the dinasaur thats hanging there now,can I not just put a lecky fire in?

Cheers,

Trenchfoot.

Sponsored Links
Nope its classed as one appliance so your not allowed to even take the fire off and hide it with a cover etc

As has been said also the fire front replacements are stupid price of 600 quid plus

Ok ,seems I'm stuck with it.Thanks for the help anyway.

Happy Christmas,

Trenchfoot. :mrgreen:

how ever baxi have new type backboiler with electric frie front`s and whole thing 1200+flue+vat+labour

so you can do whole upgrade

Think a change of boiler at this stage for me would be to expensive.The Baxi thats in-place is only 3 or 4 years old from the information I have.It seems to be working well so I'm reluctant to change.

To change the whole lot just for the firefront doesnt appeal.

Thanks for the info though.

Trenchfoot.

Had a look at the "valour" replacements. The ventilation requirements for the baxis is set on the firefronts.. I suspect that the models would have to be identical in every way performance wise. I certainly wouldn't fit one. The best advice ever would be to replace these antiquated last century "death traps" with something vastly more efficient than something chugging at 65% efficiency.
Sometimes customers will cherry pick the advice that they want to hear rather than what is right.

baxi ones are a rated but not fitted one yet will do a course before i do also they are room sealed so they don`t need spillage test not sure on things like cumbstion air supply though unless special flexiable flue

Blooflame,

Your right about cherry-picking,people sometimes just want to hear what they want to hear,however,in this case,what I wanted to hear was,'yes you can get a fire front that is compatible and it does look modern and it doesn't cost the earth' :cry: . Unfortunately,there are loads of things I could do to my home that would be 'the right thing to do'but with limited funds sometimes ' the right thing to do' is the wrong thing to do.
I had a look at the boiler efficiency ratings as the Government scrappage scheme might have been the 'right' thing for me depending on what was on offer for the old boiler I've got, (jokes later),seems the only way you can qualify is if the boiler is less than 70% efficient.The Baxi boiler I've got
is above 70% so thats ruled that out.Seems a shame anyway to scrap something that is working like a dream and was only installed 3-4 years ago.

Cheers for the advice.

Gonna have to accept the word on replacement firefronts. Just checked my laptop and i'm guessing your bbf is 57/4 electronic which ceased production in 2005..unlucky mate

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back