baxi bermuda back boiler 51/5 block out light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
] light on electronic pilot light is red, tried resetting boiler, with calling for hw and ch, can see a flashing green light behind the red light, when resetting before it clicked automatically after turned thermo knob off for 10 secs then back on, been trying for days now, without any luck...........cant hear the pilot light clicking just the constant red light is on with flashing green behind it...........help please :cry:

Sponsored Links
It's a pretty basic boiler, could be the thermistor maybe... You'll need an RGI to check it though as you can't do much without removing the fire-front.

thanks very much for your help, thats what i will do, how much do you think it would be for this to be fixed.......rough guess as not got a clue what is expensive and whats a good price, thanjs

Well it's very difficult to give a price for something I don't really know anything about, if it's a sensor the part is about £20 or so plus labour, it'd probs take an hour or so.

It could be something completely different though...

Sponsored Links
is your gas supply definitely on? does the gas fire work, it wont be the first time no gas was the problem :LOL:

yes have gas as have to use the fire the now for heat....thats the first thing i did as done that before, boiler, fire and ch system only about 5 years old and was serviced under 3 months ago...... :oops:

has anyone had luck with this fault?
i'm having the same problem (with the service light - orange -flashing twice). So far i've replaced the gas valve, the pcb and the temp sensor with no luck (one at a time, not all at once).
I'm running out of ideas.

Strange. I'd have thought changing the parts you have would have sorted it! IIRC 2 orange flashes is ignition lock out...?

its the gas valve circuit on the pcb apparently.

the red led is on constant with the orange flashing twice every 5 seconds or so.

red = lock out i assume

having similar problem, new PCB in October got an Engineer coming to fot new pilot assembly hopefully on Fri 31/12/2010 will keep you posted

Just had same fault repaired by Baxi, cost me a fortune but at least I now have guarantees. Flashing amber light gives a fault code, mine flashed every 8 seconds, fault was with heat sensor.
When I had PCB replaced the engineer routed the cable to the heat sensor in the wrong place and therefore snagged the cable when replacing the fire. Not too happy with the service I received from the original engineer can't get my money back and He wouldn't come out to check his work, they used to say pay peanuts you get monkeys well £55 p/h doesn't seem like peanuts to me.
Excellent service from Baxi/Potterton though, High cost but would have been cheaper to get them out in the 1st place!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back