Baxi bermuda back boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can the fire front be swapped by RGI ?.

Replacement customer control (ignition knob) is unavailabe (BG engineer).

Not in the position to replace backboiler for sealed system.

Cheers

Alan

Sponsored Links
You're really limited to the fire front you can have with BBU's.... As fire and BBU are considered 1 appliance not just any fire can be fitted.... You might be able to track down a like for like I suppose....

Martin

If you know the BBU model number, you can check on Baxi`s main website for replacement firefronts, many are available

PS they cost a ferkin fortune ;)

Can the fire front be swapped by RGI ?.

Cheers

Alan

There are so many of these being removed, if you posted in the CC there is a good chance someone will be able to retrieve one for you.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thanks for quick answers guys.

I'm not gas registered so the CC is out :(

I would need to get the BBU model, no problem there, I know the fire fronts cost maybe £400+.

Am i right in thinking the new Front (when fitted) would have replacement parts more readily available. eg. Ignition control for customer to use.

Would like a quote from engineer, not sure if allowed to request quote ?.

regards
Alan

There used to be two or three fires still available but I think they were around the £1000 mark so a boiler replacement would usually be more cost effective.

I will post a link for you to this posting in case anyone can help you.

Tony

aye £400 for a replacement PW5 thats the wooden piece of peeish

£673 for the chrome and glass new one!!!!!!!!!!!!!

all new fronts have full spares back up

View media item 20344

Appreciate responses.

Assuming a basic model is available for £500 or under :eek:

What would the charge be for fitting ?.

Would need one fitted ASAP.(private rent Glasgow west ha ha)

As tony mentioned £1k + fitting is definently looking more like ripping out the BB, replacing with a combi to suit small flat.

regards
Alan

Just binned a VP on wednesday. Don't think it had been used for more than 24hrs since it was fitted.
There are lots come out in perfect condition where only the lights have been used. Just got to be in the right place at the right time.

As tony mentioned £1k + fitting

sorry AL where did Agile mention that??

Your original BG is talking oot his hinend

post firefront details and what you need, and i will PM you parts numbers,GC numbers and stockists...........in Glasgow..........in stock

Model number of front fire is VP2 XP2 or XPZ.

Please let me know availability of the full knob/ignition assy, if possible.

many thanks

Will I need RGI, or is it electronic controller ?.

regards
Alan

You just missed the boat for a minted VP2. Now lying in Daltons scrapies in Airdrie probably crushed under a mountain of other stuff by now.

The last people you want to take advise on what parts are still available are BG sales engineers.

They still sell SP3 firefronts which have the same ignition knobs and spark generators on them. You can still get parts for a VP anyway. Try a heat spares place in Govan.

What exactly is not working about the fire. Is the handle broken, not sparking, sparking but not lighting?

The plastic inside the knob breaks away.

I had a replacement months ago, but it was slightly different and would not fit properly, I think it was a newer model.
It came from heat spares, Helen st., I need to try more places I think.

Al

Any more suppliers you know off Glasgow-Gas ?.

I tried Heat spares, with no luck.

Alan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back