Baxi Bermuda boiler inset 2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a problem with our boiler. It started off with the radiators coming on when we only wanted hot water. We had a new three way valve fitted. Then the pump failed so we had a new one fitted. Next the circuit board started to fail so yep, you guessed it, a new circuit board. The problem at the moment is the heating comes on and can stay on as required by the programmer. But then randomly it goes off and doesn't come back on. We can turn off the heating/boiler and leave it 10 minutes, switch it back on and the heating returns! This is happening more and more. Last night we tried installing a new programmer but we couldn't get the heating to come on at all so put the old programmer back on! We also have one radiator that doesn't get as warm as the rest (in a bedroom).

Please, does anyone have any advice to help us! Do the radiators need balancing? Is there another faulty part? I am at my wit's end! :(

Thank you

Sponsored Links
The clue is in the title and fact it has had a board fitted its a 50/4E.

Sounds like gas valve solenoid is breaking down under use then workin when it cools down.

IT could also be a faulty motorised valve .

If the boiler stays on perfectly ok with just the water on then i would be looking at the motorised valve being faulty either the board in it or motor breaking down when heating selected

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back