Baxi bermuda HE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone had experience of a baxi bermuda HE back boiler? I currently have an old bermuda b thats rated as an environmental whale & badger killer and looking to invest some money where it will save itself, I'm reconing a new A rated boiler has to be better than an old G rated one and don't fancy a wall mounted unit when I have a ready made space with all the pipework.
But are they any good and reliable???

Sponsored Links
I have worked on one and didn't like it at all. Horrible to get at and horrible to work on.

Whatever you do make sure you have somewhere decent to put the condensate pipe, the one I worked on didn't and this somehow wiped out the PCB too.

Nickso not sure how that could happen as pcb is on top?

Boiler has been out for a couple of years now and all teething problems seem to have been sorted! Heat exchanger is same unit that's used in our Main Combi boilers and are very reliable units! I think they are good units and the other plus side is you can block up that massive hole in the wall air vent that you need at the moment :LOL:
You will of course have to do away with having a gas fire! But the electric ones are good! Just make sure you get the remote control 1 ;)

Sponsored Links
Sorry to bump an old thread we're looking at replacing our old glow worm back boiler with one of the new Baxi back boilers and was just wondering if you have to have one off the Valor fires to go with it or can we any sort of electric fire for our room once the install is done

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back