Baxi Bermuda heating switching on and off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Baxi Bermuda back boiler; I switched my heating on for the first time this autumn over the weekend and the boiler won't come on properly... When I press the 'on' button on the timer, it clicks on but then immediately goes off again. There is the sound of a relay switching behind the fire (where the boiler is), accompanied by the light on the timer going on and off.

When I manually switch it on, this on/off cycle happens once per switch-on; when on timer, the on/off cycle happens repeatedly.

Is it something wrong with the boiler or the timer control? The hot water side of things works fine.

Any help gratefully appreciated!

David C

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I was hoping that was the case - it's the easiest, and cheapest, of the possible options.

That being the case, would disconnecting the wires from the timer to the heating side of the boiler and then putting a meter across the terminals be a reliable indicator?

Thanks for your help,

David C

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back