Baxi Bermuda Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I hope someone out there can help. I have a Baxi Bermuda back boiler with a hot water tank and central heating. There is a thermostat for the heating, a timer that switches both water and heating on or off at the same time and a thermosat on the water tank. The problem is that quite often even with the controler set to the off position the boiler is still firing up to heat the water, I changed the thermostat but this has not helped. When I first changed the thermostat it appeared to work OK and you could hear the boiler come on if you increased the setting on the timer but now it makes no difference, sometimes the boiler will go out if you turn the setting up! It has a mind of its own and appeats to what it wants! The heating works fine and I can hear the three way valve moving when the room temp has been reached.
Ideas Please :cry:

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a wiring fault.

Have you changed the timer switch recently?
Is the cylinder stat correctly strapped to the cylinder?

Andy.

Usually the thermostats control the valve position which in turn fires the boiler. If the valve head is faulty or contacts stuck then the boiler will fire up whatever the controller or thermostat says as the power is normally directly fed.

Therefore it could be the valve head needs replacing. Usually quick and easy to do and shouldn't need to change the whole valve unless it's really old.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back