BAXI combi doesn't switch off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
AAAAAAAAARRRGHHHHHHHHHH.

With all the bills mounting up this is the last thing i need.
So please help guys :)

Ive got a baxi combi instant 105HE boiler with Drayton Lifestyle LF711 Timer and a Drayton dial thermostat ( Relay Type ).
The problem being is that it wont switch off. The timer will switch the led off and on but there will sometimes ( but most of the time ) the rads will be still warm to hot , as it varies.
Last night i Switched the timer off and not on timer and turn the thermostat down to its lowest setting which is 10 C , got up this morning and the bleeding heating was on :mad: :mad:

So guys any ideas , the timer and thermostat are both quite old so was thinking the timer /control panel must be up the left.

Cheers :D

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Bottom lefthand corner of boiler behind control panel . brass circular thing facing you with a pin in the middle when HW demanded this pin comes out and hits the micro switch when tap off it should retract your pin is either sticking out or microswitch is faulty making the boiler think there is a HW demand

I'll check that out ,thanks .
But HW is fine but the HW for rads is in its own loop system so recycles the water , Would that micro switch and pin effect that system?

Got you . i`ll check that first. Anything else it could be i should check ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back