BAXI DUO-TEC COMBI 24 HE A, where is the heating program/timer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my brother just bought that has BAXI DUO-TEC COMBI 24 A. However, we cannot allocate heating program/timer either on the boiler or anywhere in the house. But there is a room thermostat (an old Drayton) one in the sitting room. When the boiler switched on the CH starts immediately. Can some help please, see attached pics

Attachments

• WP_20151219_14_26_12_Pro.jpg
    WP_20151219_14_26_12_Pro.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 327
  • WP_20151219_14_26_01_Pro.jpg
    WP_20151219_14_26_01_Pro.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 389
Sponsored Links
Pic of the thermostat? It's probably a programmable room stat

I do not think it is. is about couple of inches square one with a big dial in the middle. I will upload a pic tomorrow.

It's possible it's been fitted with just I dial thermostat. It shouldn't have been but shouldn't be ruled out.

How old is the boiler/ property.

If it has been fitted with a dial thermostat your best option would be to change that for a programmable one

Sponsored Links
Pic2 - that large circle on the right hand side will punch out, you can buy a baxi time clock which simply plugs in. Turning the room stat up and down is probably the only method that's ever been used to control the heating .....it's simple and uncomplicated!

Last edited:
Many thanks for the sped reply guys, I managed to get my brother to send me a pic, (see attached). If you think this stat is the only way to control the boiler. How can I disable it and fit a Baxi programmer as servotech suggested. Is this thermostat connected back to the boiler, if so to which terminals?

Attachments

• WP_20151219_20_21_42_Pro.jpg
    WP_20151219_20_21_42_Pro.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 245
No need to, it should work in conjunction with the time clock, but the time clock once fitted will have priority over the room stat.

thanks Servotch, I found one on ebay for £27. do they come with instruction on how to fit it?

thanks but how?, is it as simple as disconnected the one on the wall now and fit the one you the digistat

Yes there will be 2 wires.
Turn power off remove old fit new connect 2 wires.
You will then be able to program different temperatures and times for up to 6 slots a day each day different if required.

If you keep that stat and go for the Baxi plug in clock. You will have on/off times and a dial stat. Which is less efficient way to run a system than programmable high/low temp

The batteries power the screen etc but it has mains voltage supply for switching.

A lot of controls are done this way now

If you keep that stat and go for the Baxi plug in clock. You will have on/off times and a dial stat. Which is less efficient way to run a system than programmable high/low temp

Also the built in timers are fiddly. They suit some, bit if the boiler is out of the way, it can be a pain to operate. Generally best to have a PRT'stat.

Also, Servo says the timer "over rides " the room stat. Not true.,(brings into question his qualifications for writing articles) . It works in conjunction with the thermostat. Both have to be calling for heat to run heating. Either one not calling kills the heating.

thanks Servotch, I found one on ebay for £27. do they come with instruction on how to fit it?

Yes, you will get an instruction leaflet in the package (just connect the terminals). I've a picture of a mechanical one somewhere.

I know us older ones (who can't see the modern tiny digitals very well) just like things to be really simple.

Mechanical plug in timer picture.
STA40073.JPG

Once fitted you can adjust the clock to over ride and give priority back to the room stat should you require it.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back