Baxi Bermuda Inset 3 50/6 back boiler fault code : 3 flashes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I can't get my back boiler to fire up. The fire works fine but the central heating won't play ball. The pilot had gone out. I tried to reset as explained in the manual by turning the thermostat dial to off (which gives an amber/green led, leaving 10 secs then turning on again. Initially, the pilot tried to light but was unsuccessful. After that I tried the reset many more times, but the led goes straight to red (lockout).The orange indicator LED is flashing three times.

According to the manual, this fault code is described as 'flame detection' and talks about a series of checks which include pilot sensing lead, probe, valve and PCB components.

Has anybody come across this before or can anybody shed any light on how to fix? Is it something I can do safely (reasonably handy DIYer).

Sponsored Links
To fix this common problem requires access to the boiler section by removing the fire front. It requires expert attention, as disconnection of gas parts is needed. Call someone in. This work and the mandatory safety checks afterwards is not for diyers.

Baxi made bombproof Back boilers boilers. Sadly yours has a weak point- electronics

Sponsored Links
Hi

Thanks for your reply. We will call someone in. After looking at the last service paperwork, there was a new PCB, gas valve, gas lead and thermostat fitted in May this year. Could any of these parts need replacing so soon? This would also beg the question about whether this boiler is worth spending any money on at all...not that we have a lot of choice at present as we need heating !

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back