Baxi Bermuda problem

Yep, button should not stay in when released, and burner shouldn't light when button is held in.

Sounds like it's doing what it should.

Sponsored Links
the grey button does stay a litle bit further in when the pilot is lit. some bounce all the way back out to the position its in with the pilot off but most dont, i usually pull them out once the pilot is lit, but it shouldnt make any difference.

Sometimes you have to pull them a bit to get the main burner to light!

The grey button may have stuck in originally as it was newer then but it should pop out after you let go of it. In fact i've been taught that you should pull the grey button out the last remaining 1/2" or so AFTER you've got the pilot lit? Not 100 percent sure of that one cos the boiler will work ok without doing that but i do it parrot fashion anyway. The boiler t/stat will not fire the boiler up on its own. Your other controls have to be calling for heat also (your programmer and room stat which may be in the kitchen), set them on constant.

Sponsored Links
Ok guys thanks for your advice.Ijust assumed the button had to stay in a little way.Because everytime i turned the gas off,i could hear the button pop out after a few seconds.

thanks again
Dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back