Baxi Bermuda problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
I have a Baxi Bermuda 45/4m boiler.The problem is, when i try to light the pilot light.The grey button does not stay in like it use to, after you have held it in for a few seconds.Is this a gas valve problem or something else.

Sponsored Links
It sounds as if the thermocouple may have failed but it could also be the gas valve itself.

That repair would normally have to be done by a CORGI as the firefront has to be removed and gas safety issues abound with open flued appliances like yours.

Tony

Sponsored Links
This boiler does not have a thermocouple as such it has a ASD. It could just be it needs a service if the air intake hole is blocked. It may then need a new gas valve or a new ASD.

Yes m stands for manual but still doesnt have a seperate thermocouple .

Can you explain how this works if it does not have a thermocouple?

I thought an ASD put the pilot off and then the thermocouple knocked out the gas valve?

OK see if you can buy a seperate thermocouple for it,,,, As the pilot igniter and thermocouple comes in one complete unit it becomes an ASD which must be replaced as a complete unit . Quite basic actually. A completly different thing from just a thermocouple

Which is why you will find it listed as pilot/ASD-boiler. In the baxi parts list for this boiler

namsag said:
This boiler does not have a thermocouple as such it has a ASD. It could just be it needs a service if the air intake hole is blocked.

Your quite right about the thermocouple/ASD/Pilot.
Clearing the ASD tube normally cures this problem.

dont most people call them oxypilots.... little hole big bit of dust=no flame=no heat///just my 2pworth

anotherbgeng said:
dont most people call them oxypilots

'Oxypilot' is a brand name for an ASD 'atmoshere sensing device'. Known also as an Oxygen depletion system, according to the Corgi

Hello
Thanks for all your help.Just to clarify,the pilot light does light,its just that the grey button does not stay in after you have held it for a few seconds.Also if i hold the button in and turn on the thermostat for the main burner it doesnt light.Does that indicate asd or valve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back