Baxi Bermude Inset 2 back boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks. I have a Baxi Bermuda inset 2 back boiler which last night developed a problem.

Switch the heating (or hot water) on, the ignition clicks as usual & the main burners ignite. After about 3 seconds, it goes off & the ignition clicks away, burners re-light then go off again after about three seconds. This carries on & on.

Anyone got any ideas? I thought it sounded like a thermocouple problem, but reading the installation instructions I can't find any reference to a thermocouple, only the complicated (& probably expensive!) control module.

It is serviced annually, but it has always taken a while for the burners to light (the ignition clicks about 12 times before it fires). My neighbour has an identical boiler of similar age (4 years old) & his ignition only clicks once or twice before it fires.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
It needs a service dust has got into air hole of oxy pilot

Most of the time faults on these are very simple, ie muck in the pilot injector, or the ignition lead loose or shorting out before the spark electrode.

I've found the pcbs on these very reliable :eek:

Thanks folks, problem sorted. Darling daughter(????) had stuffed a big piece of cardboard into the flue-space above the fire, blocking off the oxygen sensor.

Brilliant web-site!!!

Sponsored Links
Well at least that proves the safety device works!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back