baxi bermuda back boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a baxi bermuda inset 2 back boiler 50/4 e which will not ignite.

i have checked all elec connections and the permanent live indicator lights, and also the switched live indicator lights but no ignition. i have tested and changed the thermostat sensor as this was faulty but still no ignition, i have also tested the potentiometer resistance and this tests fine so i changed the pcb this made no difference i have then tried a second pcb but no change. the resistence on the two solenoids in the gas valve are within the limits in the book and all wiring is ok.
please help. gas is on as the fire front works fine.

Sponsored Links
Did you change the ignition lead and / or clean out the pilot?

Sponsored Links
Maybe Kev, but I sure would't fancy changing the stat without taking the fire off.

no but i checked continuity of ign leads and they are ok. there is also no power to the solenoids should there be

althou potentiometer tested fine (within limits stated in manual) i replaced this with a new one and it works do not understand why but do not care it works.. cheers all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back