baxi boiler problem !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:rolleyes: hi can anyone help? my baxi boiler shows up a fault ( low water pressure or pump fault) pump is not a problem and water pressure is about hlf a bar a little low i know but it always worked fine at this level. if you switch of the main power suppy for two mins and back on away she goes again working fine till the next day showing no faults

Sponsored Links
forgot to add when the fault is showing the fan will not run , i checked and there is now power going to it, but when u restart it by turning on and off power everything works as it should , no blinking lights or faults showing etc

which boiler exactly do you have, sounds like pressure switch either broken or dirty, have you checked that? why haven't you set pressure to 1 then? as you already know it is running low? :confused:

Hi.

Which model boiler is it?

A lot of boilers should have a minimum pressure of 1bar so have a look in the instruction manual to check this.

Andy.

Sponsored Links
thanks for your reply, firstly im not an expert on boilers by any means, this particular boiler is approx 4 years old i have fitted in a rental house and from memory the water pressure was at this level when fitted new, i tried to look at the plumbing to see if i could increase it but cant figure it out, all i checked so far is that the little needle that operates the micro switch is working and i checked to make sure the pump ran ok when the fault accured and it was ok, could you talk me threw the pressure switch checking? the problem is the house is an hours drive away every time i get that unwanted call! i think if i get someone out to look when it working fine the wont be to bothered checking everything ,just look to be payed and run! i will bring a multi metre with me next time and write down the model number, so any advise on where to start would be great

another thing i forgot to mention is that it wont restart using the restart switch , it only works if u turn off the power suppy for a couple of mins thanks again

Quite illegal to do diy gas installation and repair in rented properties.
Can cost you £5000 if they catch you. From the posts so far you don't sound like you are anywhere near competent.
You don't want to call an RGI because he could be more interested in pay than in doing a good job? Sounds a bit like the landlord he would be working for.

what a charming man! if you had took time to read the post you would see that i said i am my no means an expert! secondly about getting a man to repair it , well i have no trouble paying anyman anytime its just that when its working properly its hard to find a fault compared to a boiler thats not working thats all, and from past expieriences in similar situations ive paid over and over for fixing stuff that had nt auctually been fixed . and with this particular boiler ive already paid a guy twice who claimed its all right now. im am certainly not going to do any dangerous repairs to the boiler but asking about increasing the water pressure or checking to see if i need a new switch or something will not hurt anyone, if i could locate a simple problem then it would be so easy to call a man out to fit a new one . sorry i hurt your feelings , there is a section here for registered fitters only i believe. why dont you chat there if you dont want help me out out ,

My immediate suggestion would be to increase the pressure to 1.5 Bar but you dont seem to know how to do it, all these people you have called have presumably explainedit to you but you have forgotten and you are unable to take a photo so that we can see how the system is laid out and give you some advice.

The first question I would have is why are you unable to increase the system pressure? If you are forgetful then writing notes is a useful aid.

Tony

thank you tony, it does say the water presure should be between 1 and 1 and a half bars in the book, it seems to be plumbed a little different to other boilers ive seen ,, and i can see any silver coloured half inch pipe going into it for increasing the pressure , from memory i asked the builder to increase the pressure at the time but i think he said thats all the pressure was needed! i know i havent explained it very well but if im over today i will take a few pictures and upload them , one of the hotpress cylinder plumbing and one of the boiler , if you think of any other simple things i should check when im there let me know , thanks for your time , regards

Now you say it was fitted by a "builder" !

The filling loop is usually a flexible silver hose with a black plastic tap on one end. A tap on both ends if its a properly compliant design!

You open the black tap(s) until the pressure reaches 1.5 Bar !

Tony

yes thats the pipe i was looking for but cant see it, when i say it was fitted by a builder i mean the house was bought new and when doing the snag list i asked about increasing the pressure at the time , there is no silver hose under the boiler , and cant see any way of doing it in the hotpress either, i also have another house that i have a service engineer working on a boiler in at the moment and he said the boiler was incorrectly fitted and there is just a constant feed from the tank and it is not a closed system filled with inibitor , so maybe this baxi is done the same way , if it was just that the pressure was too low would it start up again showing no faults when switch it back on? cheers

got it going again, thanks for your help tony it is on a constant feed from the tank, turned out to be a problem with the micro switch not being pressed all the way every time , thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back