Baxi Boiler - Room Ventilation??

You have the measure of BG there - you are a scholar and a gent. ;)

Sponsored Links
[
quote="Nige F";p="2673265"]You have the measure of BG there - you are a scholar and a gent. ;)
[/quote]

Indeed, apart from he has used rated people. I personally would never advise that, but hopefully he has found one of the good guys.

Mr. O'conell: Did the £2'6K INCLUDE the trv's or were these extras? Is your loft boarded and lit?

We have not been told which combi was fitted.

My quotes usually come out at about £2200 so I dont see that as terribly cheap but then we dont know how difficult the installation was.

I hope the flue is either gable wall or vertical. I see a few bodges with a horizontal flue going out through tiles.

Tony

The loft was boarded and had temporary lighting i.e.(plugged into landing mains) and a loft ladder.

What i was getting at is i knew i was going to have to spend a lot of money but it felt like the only guys coming round to quote were wideboys or drove high value cars!:C putting the boiler in the loft was the most difficult option and would require 3 days of hard work. I was amazed to see how many said it couldnt be done and 'you dont want to ars* around with running pipework upstairs' but wanted to charge more for sticking it in an inconveniant point in the kitchen.

Moral of the story....get as many quotes as you can, makesure you compare like for like, do your research on here first from good natured people and dont always follow your nose on the cheapest price (i.e. work out a reasonable price to pay for what you are asking)

Sponsored Links
2600 included 6 trv's and the magnet system (on the circulation to remove crud from the sytem but sorry i have forgottent what its called)

Agile a horizontal through tiles is not a bodge but acceptable and allowed by certain manufacturers but it still must meet the 300mm minimum from anything below which on chalet style houses is quite easy without excessive flue sticking out

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back