Baxi Boiler shutting down help????

nogoodatfaultfinding.....

I have 2 tanks above the cylinder, a large one which feed the cylinder and a smaller on which is the expansion tank ?

from the larger tank i have a pipe which goes directly into the bottom of the cylinder with a tap half way.

Is there some point i can open to check if theres a blockage around there ?

Sorry to be a right novice. :)

Sponsored Links
See FAQ's on Pumps.

Bypass the CH m/v and see if all heats up. (lock the lever in the MAN position.)

I dont suspect a blockage at this stage.

Try shutting the tap on the pipe to the HW cylinder, then see what happens. I think maybe the water from the boiler is taking the easiest route through the cylinder rather than having to go round the rads.

It will be cycling the cylinder due to A BLOCKAGE IN SAID AREA.
Its got no where else to go so uses cylinder as a radiator.
Please ignore my name as MEGAFAULTFINDER, THEGASMAN Etc Etc was already taken!!!

I have 2 tanks above the cylinder, a large one which feed the cylinder and a smaller on which is the expansion tank ?

from the larger tank i have a pipe which goes directly into the bottom of the cylinder with a tap half way.

Thats the domestic water. Its not related to your problem.

Sponsored Links

The large one is for your HW and has nothing to do with your problem.
Your small one will have the Pipes i have spoken of.
Follow them back to where they join together and put a magnet on either side.
Any sort of pull from Magnet at all means these pipes need replacing.

Just clean them. Why spend time re-piping?

Just clean them. Why spend time re-piping?

It was not a blockage 5 mins ago so why do you care, and its faster and better to replace rather than leaving any excess crap in there to get to the boiler or rads surely???

nogoodatfaultfinding Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:23 pm Post Subject:

Hugh Jaleak wrote:
Try shutting the tap on the pipe to the HW cylinder, then see what happens. I think maybe the water from the boiler is taking the easiest route through the cylinder rather than having to go round the rads.

It will be cycling the cylinder due to A BLOCKAGE IN SAID AREA.
Its got no where else to go so uses cylinder as a radiator.

I was getting to the water short cutting through the cylinder. The OP is not an expert in the matter so I was trying to guide him slowly towards a better diagnosis. If there is a blockage where you describe then surely no water will get to the pump....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back