baxi burmuda burner cutting out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just replaced gas valve on a 551 burmuda, burner and heat ex have been cleaned thoroughly. Pilot lights fine and burner fires up only to cut out after couple of mins (pilot stays lit). Any ideas?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
because the previous one was not working and needed replacing, once it was swapped it began to work again but now there is the problem of the burner cutting out after min or two. customer does not want to upgrade system but would rather raplace any parts required to get this fossil up and running.

because the previous one was not working and needed replacing, once it was swapped it began to work again but now there is the problem of the burner cutting out after min or two. customer does not want to upgrade system but would rather raplace any parts required to get this fossil up and running.

Was it the same problem before you changed the Gas Valve,or what was the problem before?

Are you a registered gas installer? Seems not as there is nothing on the gas valve that can cause the flame to shut down. What burner pressure did you set the reglator to?

I wonder if a perfectly good gas valve has been replace based on thought instead of proper fault finding.

Nthing on the gas valve the would cause the flame to go off ??? what is the solenoid for then.

Although i doubt faulty solenoid is the fault here

Think the OP must be taking his horse back to the stable?,int it funny how they come here on giving it, then when a few pertenant questions are raised theyre off into the sunset. :LOL:

there was no gas full stop getting to the pilot nor the burner to begin with, that was the original problem, the burner cutting out was only a problem identified once we got it going.

Namsag, burner would not fire for couple of minutes as specified by OP. Faulty solenoid would either give random shutdown, no fire or solenoid chatter.

Dan I wasnt having a go i was just pointing out that solenoid is on valve and controls gas . Perhaps i should not put that as the posting police miight regard that as gas advice.
Cheers for the comment in CC about muddy name

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back