Baxi Combi 105 HE Hot Water Problem

Sponsored Links
be careful. when the flue is damaged it can cause carbon monoxide to build up quickly, maybe its time to call in a CORGI person

i second viking when it comes down to fluing problems get someone in and have a service done at the same time

Hi,

Thanks for the responses.

It looks as though the flue insert is loose which may be causing the problem whereby the boiler doesnt fire up.

Can someone tell me how much im looking at for a flue repair/replace and a service please?

Regards

Sponsored Links
It sounds possible thatthe flue was assembled incorrectly in the first place - not all that uncommon! If it needs replacing a standard horizontal flue is normally of the order of £30 - 70 shouldn't be hard to look up.
Not a big job assuming it's accessible, though it depends whether it's cemented in or whatever.

You may have read that a common failure on the boiler is the pcb, which gives the flashing 50 (fan/air) light, but get the flue fixed first.

Hi,

Thanks for the response,

I dont think the flue was assembled incorrectly as we havent had any problems with the boiler for over two years. The flue broke recently after a large metal sheet somehow hit the flue. I only noticed this as the front bit of the flue was on the floor and the insert now seems loose. Can the insert be replaced or does the whole thing need replacing?

Regards

Hi,

Checked Flue and all seems to be intact from within the bioler. The flue seal looks fine too. Its only broken from the outside and thats only the end cap.

What I am seeing is that when the bioler has been on for say 10 minutes and its warm then opening the hot tap or turning CH on is fine, the bioler fires up and the error light doesnt come on. The error light only comes on when the bioler is cold and none of the temp lights are on. When there is DHW or CH then the error light comes on, boiler tries to ignite which happens about 6 times and then it stays on and i get hot water and CH

The APS pipes are clear and the FAN runs fine.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

Hi,

The problem was finally sorted after changing the flue. Thanks to all those who contributed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back