Baxi Combi 105e DHW problem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a problem with my Baxi Combi 105e installed Sept 2002.

The central heating is off as I have been doing some work with the radiators (renewing etc).
I am not the fastest of DIY enthusiasts (as my wife will confirm) so the central heating has been off for more than one year (we have been using other heating). We are only using the boiler for DHW which has been fine.
There has been no trouble at all getting hot water until just recently when for some reason to get hot water the tap must be turned fully on or the flame will not light. Once the flame is alight you can decrease the flow and it will stay alight.
However when running a bath upstairs the water will not get hot as the flow must not be sufficient to tell the switch to light the flame…bit of a nuisance.

Thanks in advance

Bill.

Sponsored Links
Probably the diaphram has split, this cuses the pin not to make the dhw flow switch......easy to check, turn on water and see if the pin pushes out, if not buy the diaphram replacement kit. Easy to fit

Many thanks for the quick replies.

For Terrywookfit
I am not sure where the flow switch on l/h is located gas or water?

For powell30
I think you have it. Just to let you know what I have done.
I removed the 2 screws holding the front panel.
Bottom left is a round brass housing with 6 screws on the cover and a plunger and micro switch. I am assuming this is the diaphragm assembly and is where the diaphragm is housed.
When I turned on the water but not fully, the plunger comes out but does not reach and make the switch. I turned off the water and then on again fully and the plunger came out fully and made the switch and the boiler fired up.
So I tried again just turning on the water not fully, again the plunger came out but did not reach the switch, so I made the switch manually with a screw driver and the boiler fired up…Yes
Does this indicate that the diaphragm is possibly split and I need the repair kit you mentioned?
Many Many Thanks
Bill.

Sponsored Links
Once again, many thanks guys.
I have purchased and installed a new DHW diaphragm kit and although I could not find a split or break in the old diaphragm, everything is now working fine (touch wood).
All the best,
Bill. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back