1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Baxi combi 105e instant ch temp control problem

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by garyvw, 10 Nov 2011.

1. garyvw

garyvw

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi
    we have a baxi 105e instant and have a problem with the temparature control if i have temp control knob in maximum position boiler will not go bove 50deg , ch comes on as normal and heats up to 50 then the 60 deg light comes on and the burner goes off and will not reignite till temp drops to 4odeg then same scenario reignites till 60 deg light comes on then cuts out anyone any ideas ? anyone had this problem before ? Gary

2. Sponsored Links
  3. HITGAS

HITGAS

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Tempreture sensor! could be something else but sounds like this and isn't expensive.

4. Silvana

Silvana

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi if replacing the temperature sensor works or you find out what it is I'd be really greatful if you could you let me know, I have the baxi 105E boiler too and have got exactly the same problem and have also spent ages with our heating engineer trying to fix it!
    Thanks
    Silvana

5. garyvw

garyvw

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    [ I have the baxi 105E boiler too and have got exactly the same problem and have also spent ages with our heating engineer trying to fix it!
    Thanks
    Silvana[/quote]

Hi what exactly has your heating engineer checked or replaced trying to fix the problem ?

I have just replaced the temparature sensor and its made no difference to the problem anyone any ideas ? overheat temp sensor ? PCB ?

6. scatmanjohn

scatmanjohn

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
  7. Sponsored Links
  8. picasso

picasso

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    which one did you replace ? the ch or the hot water sensor ?

9. garyvw

garyvw

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom

10. Agile

Agile

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Surely no competent heating engineer needs to spend ages dealing with one simple fault.

Most have to make 6-11 repair visits every day! that does not give much scope for spending more that about 45 minutes in front of each boiler after allowing for travelling and paperwork.

Tony

11. garyvw

garyvw

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    This did turn out to be the PCB replaced it 2 weeks ago been working fine ever since :D

12. Agile

Agile

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Suggesting that as a cheap repair can get you into trouble when your £100 repair suddenly becomes a £220 repair !

Nobody can diagnose a fault from a computer screen! ( Unless its connected to the boiler! ).

Tony

13. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local