Baxi Combi 105e - strange problem of constantly on/off

I've pulled out the guide to British Gas' Homecare cover, I'm on HomeCare 200. It doesn't mention exclusions down to this detail unfortnately, even in the T's & C's in small print. See below for what it does actually say...

I took out the contract because of this fault, hoping they'd just fix it. However they had to do a "safety check" first. So before I ring them up and ask why the PCB was chargable, I wonder if they didn't include the PCB because they were on this "safety visit" when the fault was spotted? Would this be a reasonable assumption?

Dave

What it covers; "Maintenence and breakdown repair service for your gas boiler, pump, programmer, timers and associated electrical temperature controls".

Sponsored Links
As i thought ,wrong information.. PCB are covered on contract but as you had just took contract out with an existing fault BG where within there rights to charge for it...

If it goes again in the future you will be covered for it.

Thanks, thought it might be something like that.

Won't mention that the gas fire isn't working and doesn't have cover...

Why are these appliances so unrelaible :evil:

Modern fires have a built in safety device that makes servicing every year hard to avoid, basically a little air hole just below pilot blocks with dust and fluff stopping pilot working properly can just be blown through

Sponsored Links
Thanks - The pilot light is fine, the fan comes on and the temp sensor glows red after a while. The main burners don't light.

Dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back