Baxi Combi 105e - strange problem of constantly on/off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi chaps, new to this forum which I found from a link on Overclockers.co.uk

Anyway I have moved into a 3-yr old house with a Baxi Combi 105e. The problem is that when the radiators are switched on and the room thermostat is below ambient temp, the boiler will switch on and off all the time.

It will go "click, click, click" and the burners will ignite but then it immediately goes "click click click" and shuts down. This simply repeats over and over - I don't think it is right!

Other than that it is fine - tap water is hot and also the radiators get hot when the room thermostat is turned up.

Any ideas please?

Dave

PS I called Baxi and they said "You need an engineer. By the way we can send one for £225".

Sponsored Links
I expect that the gas valve settings and maybe the PCB settings are incorrect.

As already advised to you, it needs a competent CORGi engineer to correct.

I doubt that any parts will be needed and should cost about £60-£80 or even less if you are in a deprived area like Surrey (???).

Tony

Thanks for the reply. I'll get someone in.

I'm in a deprived area called Cumbria ;)

Could be a faulty room stat or c.h temp sensor [thermistor] given your d.h.w.is allo.k.. :idea:

Sponsored Links
Central heating room thermerstat,central heating temperature sensor [on boiler] domestic hot water[D.H.W] is o.k... ;)

Just completing this thread, the boiler required a new main circuit board. Unfortunately something which is a "consumable item" and is not covered under my contract, costing me upwards of £80.

After this, the timer on the boiler went (one of those mechanical ones with the ring of dip switches), this was thankfully covered.

Thats two major parts on a fairly new Baxi boiler :rolleyes:

Dave

I am intreagued at your "Contract" which considered a boiler PCB as a "consumable item".

Gas engineers might agree that a Suprima PCB was a "consumable" item as they consume so many but not a 105E PCB.

Perhaps you should review your "Contract" terms?

Tony

Its a British Gas contract (can't remember which one but it can be checked easily enough).

What do you mean by reviewing contract terms?

Dave

Can`t think of any BG contract that would cover a clock but not the board.

Surely if the neutral wasn't connected then it wouldn't work at all? Or would the symptoms be exactly as I described (ie. if the room thermostat is below ambient temp, the boiler will switch on and off all the time. If the thermostat was higher than ambient then it worked fine).

BG saying Baxi pcb's are consumable items

ROFLMAO.gif

what ever

Agile said:
Gas engineers might agree that a Suprima PCB was a "consumable" item as they consume so many but not a 105E PCB.
Suprima ® ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back